NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore Scientific 100 degree 20mm on its way!

Jinx

Just to let people know, the current general U.S. price of explore scientific 100 degree EPs has been reported to be going up from March 15th 2012 by $100 per piece - this has been shown on several US retailer websites.

As such, following such a great experience with my 9mm, I have bitten the bullet and ordered mine from over there. Prices work out cheaper by about 17percent than buying from the sole UK supplier including VAT, duty and shipping.

Not gloating, just thought people should know about the potential price hike.

Congratulations Alec :p

I'll look forward to your views on it's performance. The latest price rise has put the Ethos 21mm beyond my reach so the ES might be the only option if I decide that my 20mm T5 Nagler is not wide enough.

Hi folks - yes Dunkster the 9mm is simply outstanding - M35 the open cluster is a real eye opener through this EP and when using the Big Barlow ALL you can see are stars. Lunar views enable you to marry up detailed features from different areas of the surface with the 9mm.

The 20mm will enable me to do this for larger clusters and nebulae - if getting to a really dark site I love the thought of the American nebula! Pleiades should be nice too - better than seeing only a tiny fraction of it at a time - losing its overall structure and stellar relationships.

Cannot recommend the ES enough and following the reviews and comparisons cannot understand why the Ethos are so popular.

Archived