sorry more questions.

Hello again but have more questions if anyone can help.

I finally got my nexstar 130 slt outside last night and managed to align the scope and finder on the moon which was hazy through the clouds. About half an hour later jupiter started twinkling behind the clouds so i tuned the scope to that and noticed when i focused in, a little black dot in the middle of the image started to grow almost obstructing the view of it. I understand it was straight out the box and may need some tweeking but i'm reluctant to start messing with it until i know whats what. If anyone can help or point me to a thread or website i would be very grateful.

Also i would like to look at DSO's and am looking at buying Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit 1.25". Is this a good buy, will this help with DSO's?

The Celestron ep kit is good, the 32mm ep being the best of the lot, especially for DSO's, it is a good kit to find your way into the minefield that is ep choice. Buying individually is often better though, I find for DSO's the wider field ep's are better and would stick to 12mm and upwards, ie. mid-range to low power.

Archived