woo hooo

got myself the skywatcher 200 dobsonian [2nd hand ] for the pricely sum of wait for it

wait for it some more lol

£80 [comes with a barlow and the 25mm and 10mm eyepiece]

pick it up tommorow [looked at pictures looks fine but will check it out tommorow [no bumps or lumps on ota in pictures]

i know it's sad but i am a bit excited :D

the guys moving house and just wants rid of it

my question will it fit in a car lol

it fitted in car fine [took up back seat and the frame sat happily in the front] got it home and aligned the focus scope with a church tower about 1 -2 away ,so just waiting for clear skies to give it a blast at jupiter [mirror etc are spotless ] so should i get a laser sight or a telrad or just use the finder till i get used to the scope [only used 10x50 binos before and theyre easy to use ]

I would be inclined to give it a good go with the finder you have before you splash out any cash on a replacement. If you find you get on well with the finder, great. If you find it is in any way awkward to use, you will know how you want your replacement to be better and can get some specific advice on what would best do it.

HTH

Archived