Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A spot with me 66

geppetto

Good to see the Sun even if it is second hand! Just the one spot on all that area. It looks kinda lonely. I wonder if the lack of activity is one of the causes of all this bad weather we are having.

Did you use Baader type safety film or a solar filter for that shot? I like the surface colour.

CW

I wonder if the lack of activity is one of the causes of all this bad weather we are having.

While there is a correlation between solar output and surface weather, the overall effect remains relatively constant. Total area of cloud cover on Earth is more of a determining factor than solar output at any given moment. This is the very essence of the greenhouse effect, so prevalent on Venus.

So the simple answer is "no".

I wonder if the lack of activity is one of the causes of all this bad weather we are having.

So the simple answer is "no".

Shucks...another myth busted! I was hoping that when the Sun entered a more active phase we might see an improvement in the weather. :wink:

Archived