About images

Hi I have the Skymax 127 and want to know how people get the images of stars and gases I know you need colour filters cause you can't see them by eye. I been told that you can get some kinda thing that goes on your eye piece that has a few colours on and you spin it round but I'm not sure what it's called. Any help would be great and suggestions what I need to get the image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a filter wheel you're thinking of. RGB filters are normally used in a filter wheel when you have a mono camera. With a one-shot-colour camera (such as a DSLR) you don't need any filters at all to capture a colour image!

Imaging with a DSLR involves attaching the body of the camera directly to the telescope, no eyepieces involved. There is loads of useful information around the imaging sections of the forum if you'd like to learn more. Good luck!

Archived