Philips SPC900NC and RAW

I wanted to use RAW on my SPC900 but when I use WcRmac to flash it nothing seems to change, the same software worked fine on my Quickcam Pro3000. I am not sure why but the non RAW optimsed mode doesn't seem to flash either. It says it's a success but it obviously is not.

It might be that my cam is an 880 flashed to a 900 but I can't remember now :D

Any ideas?

It does work. There are some restrictions relating to raw mode though, as far as I recall. I think you need to reset the camera to the factory settings (wxastrocapture can do this, but I don't know if sharpcap can), then you need to keep the frame rate at no more than 10fps or something like that. And it may not work for all codecs, or if it does, you may not be able to find a program that will debayer it for you for all possible codecs.

I had mine working in raw mode but gave up in the end and flashed it back to the non-raw as focusing just became a real pain.

James

Archived