NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 19th Feb

michaelmorris

Here is my second attempt at Mars with my new DMK 21AU618 camera and R + B Baader CDD filters + Baader IR pass filter. This time I managed to work out how to preset the focus points for each filter uisng my Hitec DC Focus controller and software. This made the whole process a bit easier. What would be really cool would be if Firecapture (the capture software) could control the focuser.

post-13232-133877735768_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the New camera Micheal your going to love it. Its a shame the Filters are not parfocal as it complicates RGB more. My astronomik type 2s apparently need tweaking mainly the blue ive read. But i dont find this problem, maybe because F6.3 scopes have more focussing tolerance than slightly faster scopes, i dont know. But no tweaking appears to be needed.

As long as your presets are very accurate, it should be easy once you get in the swing of using your new gear. Try some IR shots at high power, i recently nearly made 18 meters work. thats somewhat over the top. But your camera in the IR will suck up at least 9 0r 10 meters even with a 8" scope i would have thought. Nice first capture with your new toys

Archived