Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS stacking over two nights..help

Hi,

I am just starting to get to grips with dss and recently i have imaged over 2 nights , and then stacked in DSS.

First night i had 80 lights and the second night 40 lights

I placed a light in the main group, in group1 i put the 80 lights and then in group2 i put the 40 lights. I then deleted the light in the main group as that was only put there to force group1 to appear.

I then stacked using the best 90%and it seemed to stack all the lights ( 80 from group1 then 40 from group2).

The total exposure time of these 120 frames was about 130mins

However when the final tiff image was computed the data shown was 38 frames and 44mins exposure time. Whats happened to the other 80 frames and the other 86mins exposure time.

Am i missing something here??

Any help would be appreciated

Philip

Philip, it sounds like the quality calculation from DSS has discarded the other frames as being outside the 90% threshold defined. You can confirm this, by setting the stack to include 100% of the frames and see what happens. The downside is you need to manually remove any that are unacceptable.

Thanks for reply

i did check all the frames individually and they seemed to be fine, just one had slight trails.

I think i need to give more information

Ist night in group1

40 lights 80secs iso 800

40 lights 50secs iso 800

20 darks 80secs iso800

10 flats av mode iso100

2nd night

40 lights 70secs iso800

20 darks 70secs iso800

20 flats av mode iso100

I get the feeling i shouldnt have done all different exposure times ( would that confuse DSS)

However i still cant understand why in my final computed image i only get 38 frames(90% best stacking prefrences) with only 44mins of exposure.It seems like DSS has only stacked the 2nd night even though i visually watched it stacking all 120 frames. How can i lose about 80 frames and approx 90mins lights.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong here

Archived