Vixen Large Binos

vlebo

I have just spotted these and have always liked the idea of having a pair of large binos of this quality for grab n go but they seem a bit pricey even though they were a lot more when new. I know they are not the most practical set up , two of each eyepieces , and still only 125 mm of aperture , and if I get them they will be the only setup I have at the moment , so basically I need someone to talk me out of even having a look at them.

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

Here's what they look like http://www.vixenoptics.com/binoculars/bt125.html

Sorry to say this, but I would give them a miss. We used to sell them for a short while at Astrosystems in the 70's, they were the only Vixen product that we felt to be disappointing. The short focus objectives showed lots of CA and the collimation was a nightmare to adjust. The long focus 80mm units were a much better buy.

Vlebo. I should have looked at the pics before posting, the ones I referred to were the original models. AFIK the objectives are still the same and I can imagine similar collimation issues in view of zoom eyepieces being used. I f anyone is genuinely interested in purchasing a very large binoscope, send me a PM.

Archived