Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC 800 and camera attachment

Hi,

Just watched the promo vid on Celestron's website.

They show a piggyback bracket for fitting a camera being fitted to the scope but looking at my scope (CPC 800 GPS (XLT) there are no bolt holes in the position shown in the vid on my scope?, the bolt holes in the vid are in the tube itself.

Any ideas why this is and how would I fit a piggyback bracket?

I don't know if Celestron do a special camera mount for the 800 but you can get tube rings and a dovetail and mount anything on that from cameras to guide scopes.

Did you particularly want wide field shots or have you considered mounting the camera on the focuser tube for prime focus photography? That can be done too with the correct fittings :)

Thanks Brantuk,

I would be particularly interested in attaching the camera (Canon 450d) to the focuser tube. Can you tell me what items are required and any idea on prices?

By the way, I had my first viewing tonight, setting up the GPS alignment was simple and the view of Jupiter and the Orion Nebula were just wonderful, cannot wait for the next clear sky!

Thanks for any assistance.

Archived