Help with identifying a refractor

My father recently purchased 450mm refractor with a 60mm objective from a friend. I asked him to wait until I had checked it out first. But he went ahead anyway. It has a silver body and Japanese manual and the most interesting feature is the wooden equatorial tripod and case. It came with a 9mm and 4mm eyepieces both with letters beginning with k etched on them.

I have heard a lot of bad press regarding tasco scopes and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this scope. One last thing is the manual or body may have topic written on it.

I will try to take some pictures this weekend but in advance if anyone could help me I'd the scope that would be great.

It wont help but i just picked up a Topic refractor, it is a towa 339 80mm f15, when you see this scope have a look on the focuser, it should have a label saying D60 F? and it might well have a tiny circle with a capital letter in it, if its got a T in the circle it will be a towa, if its a K i think this is kenko optics, not quite as good as a towa

Archived