EQ5 mount GOTO upgrade help ?

This might be the silly question of the month but....

I've just fitted the SkyWatcher EQ5-UPGRADE Goto and I was wondering has anyone else fitted one as well ?

If so did you fit the Dec motor on the right hand side (east side) by rotating the mount in Dec axis as the instructions ask or on the left side (west) ? The reason I ask is if its fitted as per instructions the locking screws for the mounting plate will be on the right with the small silver locking screw ontop not the bottom as before. Surely this way the scope is less secure ?? As the weight of the scope will not be pressing down onto the small locking screw ? I've seen both ways in pics on the net, does it really matter ? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

My EQ5 pro came factory fitted. Standing behind the scope with the scope in the home position (IE you and the scope are facing North), the DEC motor is on the right - East - (same side as the DIN sockets on the RA motor housing).

Hope that helps

I did mine as per the instructions and it's fine. If I wasn't on my phone and away I could provide you with a link to full step by step instructions with photos,, try searching my previous topics if you can, about a year ago, really good guide

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.690078,-5.180233

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived