NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my first go at widefield shot, first time using a dslr camera

hi, recently I bought my self a a canon eos 1100d dslr as i am wanting to start astrophotography. I have been messing around with the settings to see if I could get any results. I even attemped a startrail pic, (as you can see from the pic below I forgot to focus before shooting) and also there is gaps in the light trails. Any feedback more than wellcome good or bad to help me on my way. I also had a go at Orion, the plough, the Pleiades and jupiter and venus. I'm looking forward to the next time and hopefully manage a better startrail. thanks

1.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

2nd.jpg

Thanks for looking

Great work. What you could try in future for your star trails is using a wider focal length, say 18mm and placing Polaris in your field of view. Stars rotate around Polaris so you will get them trailing around that. Also try doing more than one exposure and putting them into a program like startrails.exe which you can download off the net for free. To start with try 800 ISO with 30 second exposures at f/4. 40 mins of that should give you something.

Archived