Some questions

I recieved my 6" sw Dob yesterday. Well I must say I am quite impressed with the ease of use and portability. But my question is whether the dob has any sort of wear and tear (the mount and the bearings of scope) and if so is there any way to repair them. Also the newt is open totally so i am afraid of bird droppings, is there any way to prevent that? And any advice on tracking? I saw saturn with jaw dropping sight but it went out of FOV and i tried to move the scope and it went totally out of way.

Some MODS here but i've read some people use plastic milk containers and cut washer sized shapes and place between the mount.

Tracking, you will get used to just nudging the scope to accomodate the earths rotation.

If you are using high mag e.g 10mm you will find the object will move out of the FOV in about 20 seconds.

Archived