Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from last night

Willarnold

Will,

When you set the codecs in IC Cap it seems that you have to actually set 2 options The first as you probably did. as per the first Pic.

And a second time as per the second and third pics.:):icon_scratch:

Not sure of rhe reason, and I got away with it heaps of times without having to set the second option, but if I unplug the camera or plug it in after I start the program it will always revert to some other useless option:mad::icon_eek:

The same when using YUY2. RGB24 or unspecified seem to be good options for the second setting. BY8 used to crash on me so I haven't used it yet, but that may be fixed in the latest version:confused::angry4: I don't know

post-16237-133877731597_thumb.jpg

post-16237-133877731605_thumb.jpg

post-16237-133877731612_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rob, that's really helpful.

I'm sure I did have the Y800 codec set on both (stupid thing to have to do anyway! :)). I've just updated IC capture and the drivers, hopefully that should resolve the issue (As I also had some corrupted AVIs produced the other day that crashed Windows Explorer!).

As I'm picking your brain, do you have any tips on getting the focus spot on?

Kind regards

:):D I just use eyeballs and the lappy monitor Will. I do have an electric focuser which is worth it's weight in gold :) as not having the image jiggling all over the shop whilst focusing is a great help :icon_scratch:

Virtual Dub is a great free tool for recovering dodgy videos, and basic editing functions like cutting out cloud affected frames or where the planet has drifted out of the field. It has saved me many times from videos that wouldn't run in Windows or Registax etc :D

Archived