SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

So excited! :)

Bryan196

Tonight i have just ordered my first scope, a Celestron 130EQ-MD :icon_salut: Should be here by the end of the week. Knowing my luck it'll be thick cloud until next week. It'll still be nice to have it though :) I'll be sure to post a first light as soon as i can.

Good luck mate, you'll be very happy I'm sure. Got my brand new scope out for the first time last night (freezing!). Been solid cloud since I got it last Saturday. Got some half decent views of Jupiter, Venus and Orion Nebula in the short window I had. Not bad considering I didn't cool down the scope or align it properly. I was very excited though

Enjoy yourself when it comes

That's the problem with this hobby - everytime someone gets a new piece of kit the weather goes to pot. i've just got my first 100degree field eyepiece and a big Barlow to use it with and sure enough clouds as far as the eye can't see! We've got to stop buying stuff - everybody ... stop it!

Seriously though all the best with the scope, persevere and ask for all the help you need from the forums. Enjoy!

Good luck with it. We've had the same scope since Oct and have had many fun nights with it.

You'll get used to the cloud! we usually set the scope up and let it cool down just ready for the clouds to show up and ruin it all!

Just use the time to read up on info and work out what you want to see the next time it's clear!

If you pop into the kitchen during the evening always have a look outside because many times the clouds have gone!!

I have been known to set up again at 11 o'clock much to the amazement of the wife who thinks I'm mad!!

Have fun

That's the problem with this hobby - everytime someone gets a new piece of kit the weather goes to pot. i've just got my first 100degree field eyepiece and a big Barlow to use it with and sure enough clouds as far as the eye can't see! We've got to stop buying stuff - everybody ... stop it!

Seriously though all the best with the scope, persevere and ask for all the help you need from the forums. Enjoy!

Maybe we should synchronize our spending :icon_salut:

Archived