Eyepieces for Skywatcher skymax 127

Hi people!

Another novice post I'm afraid!

I have a skywatcher skymax 127 auto goto and was wondering about eyepieces. The ones provided do me fine for now as I've had nothing to compare with. It's currently a Barlow, a 10mm and a 25mm

Therefore I have a some questions please:

1. Will upgrading eyepieces make a big diference?

2. Can someone suggest a set?

3. Will the eyepieces be ok in a diferent scope should I change later on?

Thanks in advance

Carl.

Hi people!

Another novice post I'm afraid!

I have a skywatcher skymax 127 auto goto and was wondering about eyepieces. The ones provided do me fine for now as I've had nothing to compare with. It's currently a Barlow, a 10mm and a 25mm

Therefore I have a some questions please:

1. Will upgrading eyepieces make a big diference?

2. Can someone suggest a set?

3. Will the eyepieces be ok in a diferent scope should I change later on?

Thanks in advance

Carl.

It'll make a difference, how big depends on how different any new EP is from what you have - a larger EP with a wide FoV will provide you with views you can't get at the moment, for example.

Regarding sets, I also have a SkyMax 127, and I got the Revelation photo-visual set, which greatly expanded what I could see and do. The EPs are good but not fantastic, which is reflected in the price. I'm sure I'll start acquiring high quality EPs soon, but such a set is good to be going on with.

Check whether any upgrade 'scope you get takes 1.25" EPs or 2" ones - most small 'scopes, including the SkyMax, are 1.25" as an industry standard, and EPs are transferable.

My advice is to stick with what you have at the moment, get to know your viewing preferences (deep sky or planets and Moon) then go from there, different viewing preferences will dictate what is the best route to follow.

Archived