NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What scope should be my first given my budget?

Hi SGL,

I don't want to take up too much of your time but I'd like a little advice. I'm looking to buy my first scope with a budget of £300-350. I'm looking to buy 2nd hand (I've had good experiences buying 2nd hand bits for my hobbies from other classified forums).

I'm a complete beginner so I'm unsure as to the reality of what I'd like to observe (feel free to have a little laugh at my expense if what I'm expecting is ambitious). I'm interested in taking some webcam images of things like M81 but I'd also like to look at some celestial bodies.

I'm thinking about an 8" Newtonian but I'm not sure if this is the best way to spend my money or what type of mount would be best.

Thanks

Lee

P.S. Advice on where to buy would also be nice as I won't have access to the classifieds here for a while, and I'd like to get stared asap.

My motivation: http://stargazerslounge.com/welcome/174504-hello-durham.html

Archived