NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CS3 and removing unwanted bits

I was just talking about these on another thread. Very easy. It will probably be different in each channel since in my case my version was only in the blue.

You could clone stamp some adjacent sky over the affected area, but that's a blunt instrument.

You could split the channels and in each channel lasso off the broad area. Within that area colour select the over-bright pixels and adjust them in Curves till they are at the same value as the surrounding area. Then recombine.

Or you could loosely lasso off the area in the colour image and use curves and colour balance iteratively to bring the artefact out.

There's a bit of craftsmanship to this kind of repair. You need to know the options but also practise with them. But it is perfectly possible, fear not!

Mine was much further from Alnitak and I had another from Alnilam for good measure, dammit.

Olly

Archived