Yet another EP thread.

I want to start upgrading my EP's. I currently have the standard Skywatcher supers 10 and 25mm, I also have the 2 x Barlow. In addition I have 9mm, 20mm and 25mm EP's of unknown manufacturer and quality, all 3 of which have zero eye relief and are metal. I would like to get a smaller EP maybe around 6mm? I'm thinking if I get sizes that I don't already have, I can then increase my range rather than double up on sizes, once I have a set of sizes I am happy with I can then start replacing the ones I currently have with EP's of the same range that I buy next if you follow? So, given my current sizes, would a 6mm be a sensible choice? Next is which to go for....

First Light Optics - Celestron X-Cel LX eyepiece

Or

First Light Optics - Vixen NPL eyepieces

The price difference is little really, but which would be the most highly reccomended of the two, or have I missed a gem at a similar price range? I must say I am swaying towards the Vixen purely on the way they look. I don't wear glasses so eye relief isn't important, but I do feel mor comfortable with the supers I have as they have a comfy rubber cup on the end.

I'll give them a bell later on, thanks. I did a search but forund nothing other than from them, are they the only people to sell them?!

Damnut, Thanks, I keep meaning to create an account on there, but you know how it goes.... I'll get around to it lol

The focal length is a personal choice really. Another vote for BST Explorers, they are excellent ep's. I only say its a personal choice as I bought a 5mm TMB Planetary which is a great ep, but wish I had gone for a 7mm baader genuine ortho. Just don't gel with the TMB. Eye relief taken into account. If you can try before you buy, go for it. P. s vixens are meant to be great ep's, clear to the edge I've heard. Good luck. G

Hmm, been trying to get hold of STL this afternoon with no joy, perhaps drop him an email later. Am I right or wrong in thinking that the most mag I should go to is 1 x per mm of apature? or is it 2 x? Thinking I might go for 7mm rather than 5 as I can in theory already get 5mm with the 10 + barlow.

Archived