Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jessops

steppenwolf

Over the years I have bought numerous items from Jessops but my latest experience has left me very unsatisfied and rather cheated.

I ordered a new camera last Sunday for my son's 30th birthday on the following Wednesday, on line for collection at a local store (Horsham). The website had a stock check facility con firming local stock.

Within an hour I received a telephone call from the store saying that the only one in stock was their demo one which I rejected. They agreed to get a fresh stock version from the Guildford store. I told them it was a present so delivery time was of the essence and they said it would be with them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

On Tuesday I asked for a progress report and was told that it would leave Guildford that day to be with them on Wednesday and that they would call me as soon as they got it.

Wednesday came and went as did my son's birthday so I called them again on Thursday morning and they said they were about to call me because it had just arrived from Guildford so I went to the store to collect. I was greeted by the staff member who telephoned me on Sunday about the demo stock and he said that he was sorry they hadn't got hold of me on WEDNESDAY but they didn't have my telephone number!

I then had to wait nearly 45 minutes while they struggled with the issue of the paperwork because the buy to collect had expired on the Wednesday and the special package offer that I bought into was no longer current and the special offer had been an on line offer only - even though all the bits apart from the camera had been put aside for me! In the end the 'team leader' got an agreement from HO to do a 'price match'.

When I got home, I decided to charge the batteries so the camera would be instantly available to use when I gave it to my son (a day late). The cables didn't match up to the camera and then I discovered why - the box was right, the cables were right but the camera was the wrong type (actually a more expensive one but not compatible with the rest of the box contents).

I contacted the store immediately early afternoon and they agreed to get the correct one from Guildford. Two further telephone calls with excuses from the store that they couldn't raise Guildford meant that when I finally got a call back from at just before store closing time, they said that Guildford would send out the replacement today (Friday) but, of course it wouldn't be with them until at least Monday!

Unbelievably inept service and I still have no idea for sure when I will get the equipment which is now going to cost me the fuel for another 23 mile round journey.

My son hasn't had his (major) birthday present and Jessops have lost an established customer who as a family have been loyal to them for years.

Steer well clear!

Archived