Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Quality Control

StuW

Hi all

After my HEQ5 mount head being at Skywatcher for 2 weeks due to binding in the RA axis with the clutch off among some other minor niggles, I arrived home today to find a new head had been delivered. WOOHOO!! it's been clear all week and hopefully i'll be able to try out my new LX SPC900nc.

Attach to the Tripod....Done

Align the polar scope....Done

Attach the Synscan handset and power....Done

Do a trial alignment to check for strange noises etc....Uh Oh!

I thought it was strange that the usual high pitched noise didn't start when I switched the mount on. The handset says the scope is slewing but nothing is happening, not even motor sounds.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone for a Celestron setup as Skywatchers QC seems very lacking.

On a good note, Martin at FLO has been great throughout, keeping me updated and doing everything in his power to sort it out. Great service as usual.

Anyone else have similar problems?

</rant>

No problems here but I know the fraustration when things like this go wrong - once you send it off and its out of your hands you feel completely lost and out of control of the situation - you feel like you are owed hourly updates.. Hope it gets sorted.

I bought the 250PX flextube Goto dob in October last year and had to send the base back because the AZ motor had a mind of its own. I got a brand new one back which works fine but I was without it for a month (xmas was in there adding two weeks). Again, I had great service from the retailer but very disappointing for a scope that cost close to £1000.

I had a new Celestron mount turn up here once and be found to be Dead On Arrival. It happens. I even had a shedload of trouble with a Takahashi mount, now sorted, and that really was a downer given the price. At least with FLO you have a supportive dealer. I certainly didn't have that with my (non-UK) Tak dealer. Hope you get sorted soon.

Olly

Hopefully I should have another mount in my hands on Monday. FLO have ordered one to be sent to me at their own expense and Skywatcher can refund them when they get the dead one I have here. Can't complain about that kind of service.:D:hello2:

Archived