Help with Moon

DSC_31462.jpg

Took this tonight. Still havent got the motor fixed so still cant track, still waiting for T ring to turn up - but still impatient so had a crack at holding the DSLR up to the scope EP.

That is what I got ^

I have PS so I wonder, how can I make it look a bit nicer please?

Thanks Sandra

Hi Sandra, there is only so much possible, but I've had a go.

post-30512-133877726457_thumb.jpg

Did a bit of wavelet sharpening in Registax, then brought it into Photoshop for a gentle high pass sharpen and Shadows & Highlights manipulation. Did a masked curves correction to reduce some of the central overexposure and reduce some of the the vignetting at the edges.

oh blimey thats an almighty improvement! Thanks so much. Is there a PS for Dummies book out? I have so much tio learn, and I'm struggling to get my head round it all. As usual I want to run before I can even stand up!

Thank Trull for your comments also. I'm a total beginner and jsut trying to learn :)

improvement! Thanks so much. Is there a PS for Dummies book out?

if there is i want a copy,i only have photoshop elements so i dont think it has all the feature of proper photoshop.still learning how to adjust lightwavelenghts to make the picture better,but as a point n shoot it was a good picture i still use point n shoot sometimes,i have a camera bracket for my compac camera and two attachment for the nexstar 4.

Archived