A little bit confused.

I've been looking for a motor mount for my 200p dob so I can do some imaging, I contacted First light optics and had an extremely friendly assistant help me, but now I'm confused. I either buy the Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Synscan for £747 or for that price I might as well buy another telescope that's attached to a motor mount. In all honesty I rather not buy something which is worth more than my whole dob. So for, say £700 what telescope "that is capable of astro imaging or more" would people recommend? or should I just stick to the mount I got told of?:D:confused:

Thats how astro imagines works out, my scope cost about £400, the Mount £950, its the mount that makes the image, just by tracking in a nice orderly manor, if your tracking is broken your images will just be rubbish, if your scope will fit the HEQ5 that's the way to go, expensive but that's Astrophotography.

This Astro stuff, requires a stout heart and a deep wallet, plus a understanding wife, there may be other qualifications, that pop up from other people..:D

lol, the deep wallet or the understanding wife I don't have, But I do have a "kinda" understanding partner, who was lovely enough to buy me my scope for Christmas "after countless begging":o I find this hobby which I love so much will teach me the value of saving money and also help me over come my agoraphobia, in a way.

Archived