Celestron Nexstar 130SLT - Advice

Hi,

I've been offered a Celestron Nexstar 130SLT telescope by a friend. They're wanting £250 for it. It seems a good price, however they've just said that it doesn't have the holder for the hand controller.

I was wondering if the holder is absolutely necessary. I wasn't sure if the GPS is in the controller and needs to be static for it to work correctly. He's said that the controller can sit in the accessory tray on the tripod.

So, a couple of questions, do you think its worth £250 and more importantly, will it work ok without the holder?!

Thanks in advance.

The SLT130 is about £329 new so £250 is a good price. You don't need the holder for the handset, just place on accessory tray when not being used. There is no GPS in the controller, Celestron do a GPS module but I don't know if it works with this mount. You will need to enter your coordinates and date etc manually.

Peter

He was telling me that its only been used a couple of times. I might try to beat him down on price a bit more!!

I've been using a Flextube 130 Heritage so far which I've been pleased with, but fancy having a computerised telescope instead. I guess its not going to give massively different viewing though.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived