Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NexStar Observer List trouble

Igwinder

One for all you budding software geniuses...

Got the bug, bought the scope, has loads of fun so far, but thought that linking a PC to the scope using NSOL would be my next move.

I have purchased all the correct leads to connect my lappy to my Nexstar SLT (needed a USB adapter as lappy doesnt have the correct port), installed the driver, installed the software, did a quick alignment, plugged them all together then ran the program and......nothing. Ive tried different comm ports, Ive installed it all on my desktop.....nothing.

Then I noticed in the pdf manual, the set up tab is supposed to ask you which scope you are using, but no such menu is available, so I can only assume that's why the computer(s) and the scope arent talking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am virtually incoherent in computer speak, so please keep it simple for me!:D

Archived