EQ3-2 tripod

Hi All,

I have had some better than average pics from my 150p an dmy eq3-2 with motor drive mount, but I do end up losing a lot of subs due to movement of the mount, I'm presuming the EQ3 is quite sturdy so could I simply get a sturdier tripod to fit this on rather than go for an eq5 or better, I dont want to upgrade this mount too much as i Will be hoping to get a 10" on an NEQ6 within the next 12 months. (if the endowment polycy pays out as much as it should).

Kev

If it was just up to me I'd be digging a hole right now, however the misses doesnt want a "big metal stick" in the middle of the lawn, I did tell her I'd have it so I could put a Bird box on during daytime but she isnt having any of it.

Kev.

I'm not 100% sure but if you have the later EQ3 / CG4 mount then there is a possibility they are retro fit with the larger 2" CG5 tripod. Getting a 2" tripod will though be a long wait as you can only get these S/H and as the CG5 has now been discontinued the 2" tripods may well become sought after. I know I would not want to let mine go despite having a pier. You could try putting up a wanted advert on UKB&S.

Do you have any pictures of the tripod adapter and bottom of the mount ?? Others may be better to advise as I have only ever used EQ5 mounts and similar.

Archived