Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Website & Hosting

Starjumper

Hi All,

Mods if this is not in the right place please accept my apologies.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to go abouit this, I know I need to get a domain name and some web space but that is about my limit, any info would be greatly appreciated ( in simple terms).

Thanks

John

It sounds like you want to start a website.

Although they're not a bunch I've used, they seem to have some good reviews so try Servers free – free web hosting servers, servers for free, free server As the name implies, they offer free web hosting. Basically you sign up with them, using your email address (you do have an email address? :icon_salut: ) and then you can use their tools to build a website.

That'll get you started. After that, if you so wish you can get into the intricacies of designing your own website, learning the "web" languages you'll need (HTML, CSS, PHP) and how to use the various packages to take advantage of stuff that other people have already written.

However, be aware that if you do start to get into website building, you won't have much time left for astronomy.

Archived