Sol in 3 lights - 26 Jan

smerral

Well, a bit of a mixed bag this. My Ha mosaic didn't work out. :evil: I think I might try one next time with the SM40 and either the ST102 or ED80 - less panes, even though the resolution will be less. Anyhow I managed a CaK mosaic with the Lunt Cak B600 and ST102 and some close up white light with the Atik and ED80 - AR11402 and 11408. Also the better of the Ha surface shots with the PSTDS. :icon_salut:

ece38edd-cbb9-4565-8144-15ec6dedaa5b.png

AR11402.jpg

AR11408.jpg

ha-26-jan-1.jpg

ha-26-jan-2.jpg

An excellent collection! very nice to see the CaK, it is certainly more interesting than the white light view at the moment, where have all the spots gone?

I had high hopes for some imaging today but we just had thick milky haze all day instead which was very frustrating.

Regards

Alexandra

I simple didn't get enough frames Mark. I use the PST with 1.5x barlow. When it works it makes for a lovely detailed result, but takes 20+ panes. When I get the chance I'll try the easier SM40 + ST102 combo. I actually tried that yesterday but it was too windy and I managed to salvage the following. I shouldn't need that many panes for a mosaic.

sm40-test.jpg

Archived