celestron or revelation 15x70 binoculars

Hi everyone im new to astronomy :iamwithstupid:and i am looking into getting a pair of 15x70 binos but unsure which are better as the celestrons are 10quid more than the revelations but have the same specs but they have won the sky at night mag review but unsure whether they reviewed the revelations at that time so i would appreciate any advise ppl could give many thanks and clear skies to all as i am sick of the dam clouds :)

Hi Simon,

I can't really comment on the Revelation bino's, but I got a pair of the Celestron ones as an xmas present and am very happy with them. I can usually easily pick out three of Jupiters moons with them (I think Io is usually los in the glare of the planet) and the Orion Nebula looks great in them as do many open clusters.

I would definitely recommend the Celestron binos though I would say that they need to be tripod mounted for best results. The included tripod mount is not very good - I would recommend getting a more substantial one.

Hope this helps,

John

I have the revelations and they are excellent. I have also looked through a friends Celestron ones and they are pretty much identical viewing wise. I don't think it matters to be honest but if I were you go for the revelations, you don't spend as much and they are practically the same so its better value for money. :)

Hi john thanks for the advice I have heard that the bracket isnt so good but also heard great things about the revelations thats why i wasnt sure i apreciate youre advice and will see if anyone else posts anything before committing to either one many thanks and good skywatching to you john.

Archived