Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Remote focus control for Celestron Nexstar SLT 130

Hi all

I'm using a Meade DSI Pro II with Celestron Nexstar 130, and making first tentative steps into imaging. Current setup is working fine, apart from adjusting the focus on the scope with the ccd attached. Mechanically it all works, but I'm frustrated with turning the focus knob on the scope, waiting for image to settle, checking focussing quality on the laptop screen, and repeating. The focus knob is good and tight - but making fine adjustments is challenging!

Is there any bit of kit I can get / make to remotely control focus on this scope? Maybe some kind of motor that connects to the focus knob with a wee hand control?

Have stfw and checked some online stores with no joy. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Joe

Hi Steve

Thanks for the info and link which put me on the right track in terms of knowing what to search for. I'm exploring a couple of possibilities in terms of improving the focuser - both within budget, which always helps.

Cheers for the pointers,

Joe

Archived