NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deeper m42 Equinox 66 apo

Magnum

I have added an single 10min exposure to my m42 from last week, I am amazed how much deeper a extra 10min has gone, it is now showing the galactic dust. so total 1hr exp comprising of 10 x 5 min + 1 x 10min @ iso800 with my modified canon 400d and 66mm Apo + CLS filter.

I did take 2 hrs of 10 min subs last night but bad transparency spoiled all but 1

Lee

post-18769-133877721808_thumb.jpg

I have added an single 10min exposure to my m42 from last week, I am amazed how much deeper a extra 10min has gone, it is now showing the galactic dust. so total 1hr exp comprising of 10 x 5 min + 1 x 10min @ iso800 with my modified canon 400d and 66mm Apo + CLS filter.

I did take 2 hrs of 10 min subs last night but bad transparency spoiled all but 1

Lee

Thats interesting Lee (great pic by the way) I have spent a week trying to clean up the blotchy red background in my M42 image but never considered it to be galactic dust and part of the data/picture until now. Thanks

Im not sure if my description of galactic dust is correct in this instance, maybe better described as part of the Orion regions associated nebula as the whole region around Orion is full of red nebulae, which show up on wide field shots covering a huge area of the sky there is almost no empty space here.

Lee

Yes the CLS certainly brings out red nebula if you have a modified camera, I use the visual version! I originally bought the CCD version but it did not give as good results as the visual and was actually blocking some of the ha emissions. After sending my test results to astronomik they admitted that there is difference between the two versions in there passband besides just the ir blocking.

Lee

Archived