NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power Cut Last Night

cabby

As the wife and I went to bed last night we had a power cut in our area.

What amazed us was how dark it went to begin with, then after a couple of minutes she said " has it come back on?".

We looked out the window and even though there were no street lights on etc in our area it was still very light because of the surrounding light pollution.

It just goes to show how much light pollution we have in our towns! :)

There's a lot more to living in the country side than dark sky's, there's lower crime, less traffic, the people talk to you, the postman will give you your post if you meet him in another road, we have free xmas dinners in the village hall, the street are empty by 21:00, the list just goes on...:))

There's a lot more to living in the country side than dark sky's, there's lower crime, less traffic, the people talk to you, the postman will give you your post if you meet him in another road, we have free xmas dinners in the village hall, the street are empty by 21:00, the list just goes on...:))

It sounds like an absolute dream compared to life in the suburbs, that is unless countryside bliss isn't your thing. Me, well I'd aspire to live somewhere dark and quiet but I know that for the next few years that would be impractical as I still have plans to attend university which would make travelling from the countryside quite tricky to say the least (there aren't many dark sites near Stoke-on-Trent!). One day though it will come to fruition :)

yes, there are many plus points, down side is you have to drive EVERYWHERE ! And what's worse, you have to drive the kids everywhere too. My young fella's only 10 but I must start saving for his first car. Hes getting it whether he wants it or not , 'cos hes gonna be my taxi for a change ! HaHa

Bart

Archived