Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Life ain't that bad after all

Cloudwatcher

Managed to get in a couple of hours at the scope last night. Pretty good conditions bye enlarge allowing for the usual LP.

Did a tour of some doubles and actually viewed Jupiter through a scope for the first time this year! Quite strange really when I think about it. Being low in the sky, not far above the roof line, I was expecting a fluctuating,wibberly wobbly image but not so! I don't know why but the view was very clear, almost 3D with plenty of colour. The four main moons stood out in sharp relief

with Io appearing very close to disc of Jupiter. There was also a background star in the FOV that looked as if it would shortly

be eclipsed by the planet. All in all a very satisfying evening, just wish I'd had the camera handy.

I thought......Life's not all bad then......Anyway,enough waffle....Time for bed.

Archived