Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ccd Information

roebuck

If it's the same one as I've just googled it's a dual camera with 2 CCD's, one for imaging and the other for guiding and retails in the states for over $2500 !!

can't answer your question though... but you might need to upgrade the EQ5 to an EQ6 to get the best out of the images when used with the 200P

I am looking for my 1st ccd camera and have been offered a Sbig st9xe. Question. Is this suitable for the sw 200pds and the sw80 ed pro.

It has insane 20 x 20 micrometer pixels and a small 512 x 512 frame.

It would give:

* 6.88 "/pixel with ED 80 (Evostar)

* 4.13 "/pixel with 200 f/5 Newtonian

Those resolutions are quite low. The advantage of those big pixels is that they work like a focal reducer - the cause of that low resolution. That will cause that the exposure times will be very short compared to imaging with other cameras that have sane pixel sizes :) It will be only 512 x 512, but it will be quite easy to get high histogram fill even with nebulas and narrowband imaging.

If the ST-9 is cheap, fully working and you understand the limitations of a small frame + non anti-blooming sensor - then you can buy it if you want it.

SBIG ST-9ƒVƒŠ[ƒY CCDƒJƒƒ‰‚Å‚Ìì—á

Archived