NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi folks

I've got an Orion Deepview 35mm eye-piece. This is a 2" fit eye-piece which i intend to use with my ED80 refractor. I'm wondering if there are any 'must have' filters that folks might strongly suggest that i should consider buying that may perhaps enhance any viewing that i will do using this eye-piece? I do live in a wee town that means i am having to cope with probably moderate levels of light pollution .... The other consideration perhaps is that i have ordered a 2" adaptor for attaching my Canon 40D to my ED80, so i am also curious about any strongly recomended photographic filter/s? Anything that might improve/enhance long exposure prime focus imaging with my ED80/40D combination ....?

Many thanks folks

Donaldo

I'm not an imager so I can't advise on filter for that but for visual use I think the Baader UHC-S filter is worth considering. It will improve your views of nebulae such as M42, M97, The Veil (otherwise invisible with an 80mm scope) and a number of others. For galaxies and clusters though dark skies are the secret - filters don't help with those. The UHC-S filter is designed to work with smaller aperture scopes.

Archived