Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Speechless!!!

eriss

So finally... the skies cleared and we were out and about viewing the night sky.

After snuggling into warm clothing and hot water bottles, and much squabbling with the Bloke to look through my scope we began our viewing.

First off, I was dying to see Betelgeuse through the lens.. I was and still am amazed by the brilliance of the pinky orange of it. It was a great clear view of it.

Next was Orion nebula. Not one I have ever seen before, other than in books.I was amazed I could see so much. The gases and the new stars,it was a real treat.

We then headed left and upto Pladies. Looking through the scope at first, I saw what I thought was it, then I KNEW I had found it. The amount of stars and the beautiful blue sparkling effect was breath taking.

We ended the evening viewing our old favourite.. Jupiter. Always changing and that night her moons were quite tidily place.

Who needs Brian Cox when you can go out and do it yourself :D))) :)

Thank you. yeah it was the best night yet as we had the tracker going too. We are new to this, so taking it step by step.

Our next mission is using the web cam. now that I really am looking forward to.

Archived