Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Would this be suitable for mounting my 32mm camera on and manually tracking the sky for wide field long exposures? Obviously it isnt going to take my OTA is it?

It says "An optional D.C. Motor Drive can be installed to the R.A. axis for auto-tracking." which would produce awesome shots of the Milky Way!

Probably not a good idea? :)

Would this be suitable for mounting my 32mm camera on and manually tracking the sky for wide field long exposures? Obviously it isnt going to take my OTA is it?

It says "An optional D.C. Motor Drive can be installed to the R.A. axis for auto-tracking." which would produce awesome shots of the Milky Way!

Probably not a good idea? :)

No, it's not a good idea at all. Way too small for your scope matey. Especially with a camera on top. This should do you though...

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=13026

Rings and dovetail and you're off.

Tony..

It would be fine with a motor fitted for long exposure stuff (camera only) but

a carefully made barn door mount would out perform it 10 fold :)

I'm still looking into the link you provided me, as its cheap and quite easy to make. Was just wondering that if I seen one going cheap locally would it be of any use to me. Thanks guys for the advice.

Archived