NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First M33....very troubled.

Tommy B

So there I am out in the freezing cold on the second night of my first multi session project since starting astrophotography....at the end of the second night I return the lense cap to my lovely Equinox ED80 scope only to find the glass in a shocking state! Im suprised I was even able to see through the damn thing. Whats worse is that I absent mindedly removed the camera from the scope ruining my chances of taking flats to remove the aweful spots and gradients.

However I still wanted to see what I had captured of M33 having never tried it before. The nasty big dark spots are still there despite great efforts to process them out depending on your monitor brightness.

I was dead chuffed to see the star forming regions tho!

So here it is,

About 5 and a half hours of 3 minute subs using an atik 314L+ through a skywatcher equinox 80ed.

Criticism is most welcome.

post-23860-133877719276_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

My processing has been getting better in photoshop but this target sure did stretch my abilities. The session has taught me a few things and thats always a plus so I look forward to trying this again later in the year.

This session was also the first time I found the graph in PHD and was pleasantly suprised with the guiding performance! I really should go for longer subs next time.

Archived