NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher SkyMax 127 Telescope

I got the Skywatcher SkyMax 127 for Christmas. i have only just been about to use it (Because of the clouds and such). Anyway i have focused it on a few objects during the day and by night i try to see the moon and Jupiter but i am only able to see Jupiter as a star (If you know what i mean) through the finderscope.

Any advice on how i can see the planets and such through the main telescope.

Thanks

You need to align the finderscope so that what you see in it is also what is centrered in the main scope - The Celestron manual is reasonably good at explaining how to do this - it's best to do it in day light - point the scope at a fixed object such as a roof or power pylon which is about 500 yards away from you, then adjust the alignment screws on the findersope so that the object your looking at through the scope is also in the centre of the finderscope and bingo - you're done

Archived