Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Europa 200 F6

Hello, I have the chance to buy this scope with axis motor drives, tripod, several eyepieces and other accessories. Its all i great condition. The cost is £350, is that too much. I have been away from scopes for a while and not up to speed. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks for responding Lee, the seller tells me its 7 years old, don't know on what mount. This is what I know, 2x Barlow lens, Celestron SMA Achromatic eyepiece, Dual Axis Motor Drive, PL10mm and PL25mm lenses, red filter, blue filter, yellow filter, moon filter and collimating tool. What do you think??

At 7 years old it should be on a vxen mount I would guess. The scope is well made and the primary optics from orion are quality items, the focuser may need an upgrade to a nice two speed crayford at a later date but £300 is fair, if not cheap. The motors are a nice addition that could cost around £100 to retrofit. I am currently building a dob from a 200 europa donor tube and the optics are excellent (the tube was £130 on ebay) but ota was in a state with holey tube ( I think the previous owner had a drill fetish).

The price is actually £350. I had a 12" dob that wasn't quite right, i wanted to get back on the horse with a scope with drives, this seemed ok if not a little o/s my budget. I'm watching a few on eBay,, I really fancied a TAL 2M. It's hard to know what will actually be ok. If I find more info on the Orion I will update you. Thanks for your help.

Archived