Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax v6 and Green or Blurred Images

Hi,

I have 200 RAW Fits files of the moon that were taken with my EOS 1000D using Nebulosity.

If I use Nebulosity to de-mosaic and square them, Registax thinks they are just the green image, regardless of whether the 'colour' box is checked or not. If I leave them as RAW and ask Registax to de-bayer them, same problem.

If I get Nebulosity to demosaic and convert to PNG, then Registax produce a small white rectangle of nothingness after stacking.

If I debayer and convert to TIFF, then Registax produces a very poorly aligned and stacked image (blurry) despite how many align points I have (one, several, two, centre of gravity).

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking it will be something simple, but this is not the first time I have tried and failed to get Registax to process RAW image files.

v5 used to support (to an extent) native RAW i.e. CR2, but I couldn't get that to work either. Hence using Nebulosity to put RAW files into Fits containers that v6 likes.

Archived