A little help with an old C5 please

No funds for new scope yet but I managed to buy an old black C5 off Ebay for £31! It's not perfect and is designed for photography being 750mm focal length.

I also have a TV plssol 20mm and there is the usual SCT screw thread on the back of the scope.

If I get hold of a 1.25inch visual back and a cheap diagonal would this be any good for anything?

It's cracking on the end of a camera but I haven't had enough scopes to know what this would be like looking into the black and I have minute amounts of money so don't want to waste any if this isn't going to work.

Any opinions appreciated,

Thanks!

If I get hold of a 1.25inch visual back and a cheap diagonal would this be any good for anything?

I don't see why not, if the focal length is correct (I'm sure it is!!) the central obstruction will be pretty big (>40%) so the it won't be much of a planetary scope but it should do a reasonable job on most other objects bearing in mind the scope is designed primarily as an astrograph rather than a visual tool.

Archived