NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dark Sky sites

Hi King of Eton,

I don't live near Berkshire but if no one advises a good spot to go to, then try this website out:-

need-less light pollution

it simulates roughly what the night sky will look like from any given location in the Uk. Using this you may be able to find a nice dark spot near where you live.

Hope you find somewhere nice & dark to try out your new gear! :icon_scratch:

Jeff

Why not check to see what astro clubs are near you and join one of them. As they will normally have a good site for obs plus the benefit of safety in numbers I'm sure you don't want to be out at a dark site on your own with all your gear , not exactly safe !!

Thanks for the website tip. That will help me. I guess I just need to jump in the car and drive around to find a good spot thats secluded. I'm actually a member of the Herchel Astronomy Society but have only been a couple of times as they meet once a month. I'm hoping to get more involved though and am keen.

Archived