Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M 42 FINAL IMAGE

steelfixer

A while ago now I took several sets of AVI's of M 42 using my Samsung SBC 2000 video camera.

The AVI's were taken at different resolutions.

They were all stacked in Registax 5 with the intension of having the resulting images combined in Photoshop.

As I do not have Photoshop I sent the images to over to Ben (rocketandroll) who had kindly offered to process them for me.

The resulting image has to be the best photo I have in my collection to date.

Many many thanks to Ben for the work you have put in on this.

Hope you like it I do.

Graham.

post-26845-133877715915_thumb.jpg

:-) No probs mate, though I'm sure someone else with a bit more experience could do better than I did with it :-)

I wasn't able to get rid of the vertical lines in the image... though I may have a further play and add in an extra layer or two to try and remove those.

It is showing loads of detail though... well worth that epic stacking session after all :-)

Ben

Very impressed at what you have done with the the samsung. I have a Bosch Dinion IP camera in the back of the cupbord. So next time I get a clear night I might give that a go.

I have pushed your posted image through Noiseware and it does clean out the vertical lines(but at the loss of some detail :-( ). It may be worth downloading the free edition and trying it on the original.

Cheers John

post-24829-133877716052_thumb.jpg

Well done.

Where does the star elongation come from? Is it in individual frames? If not it ought to be possible to sort it. If it is inherent in the data then there's a Ps star rounding fix which isn't pretty but works...

Orientate the elongation horizontally or vertically in Rotate Canvas.

Copy Layer.

Blend mode Darken.

Filter - Other - Offset

Try the offset on the right axis, x or y, and use as high a value as gets stars rounder. Too much is best,

Edit, Fade Offset till they are round.

Flatten. (CtrlE)

Olly

Hi Olly

The elongation probably comes from the windy conditions battering my scope and so is on the original AVI's.

As far as the rest of what you said it is way over my head.

I do not have photoshop hence the reason Ben did the final processing for me.

Mind if I did have it what you said would still be way above me.

Thanks

Graham

Archived