SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Droitwich Library 'Spaceday'

Patbloke

Droitwich Library (Worcestershire) are holding a 'Spaceday' on Saturday 21st January and the event has been added to the BBC Stargazing live 2012 website - link below

BBC - Things To Do: Space Day

There will be 16 space related organisations present including Leicester Space School, The British Interplanatory Society, Spaceguard Centre and local astronomical societies. Photographic exhibitions and author talks on space, a variety of telescopes on display and advice on how to start viewing the night sky.

Lots of activities for adults and children from modelling rockets to making your own mini planetarium including an under 8's fancy dress competition.

All free of course! :icon_scratch:

• 2 weeks later...

okay. im taking my son along to this event ,looking foward to nosing around. anyone from s.g.l going along ,you'll recognise me im the ugly bloke looking on jelously at any large telescopes.:)

What a fantastic day!. Loads of stalls (Spaceguard centre, 2 x astro socs, rocket clubs, authors, BIS + others), kids activities and talks. Oh didn't I mention, over 1,500 people over the threshold (More than twice the normal number of visitors)!

Thank you Droitwich Library for organising such a great event.

i think i went along to early, there wasnt nearly as much. but i had a chat with a couple of chaps from bromsgrove astro,they were most friendly.so i might just go along to the next meeting.

I totaly agree with Michael's comments. We (Bromsgrove Astro Society ) had a great if very tiring day. My wife and I only intended popping in for an hour or two and ended up staying for 5 hours.

I certainly rememer talking to PatBloke and with Michael, Chris and Rod from Worcs. as well as many others.

Hopefully some of you will join one of our societys.

Rob

Archived