Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD Camera for EdgeHD 925

ejwwest

I have a Celestron CGEM EdgeHD 925 scope and use a Canon 40D DSLR for astrophotography (examples here: EdgeHD 925 - a set on Flickr ). I recently added a Moonlite Tri-knob focuser to improve the focusing and whilst that seems to have improved the quality of DSOs, it shows up the limitations for moon and planets from poor seeing etc. I'm looking for advise on a CCD or video camera that I can use for the moon and planets but also at some point in the future for autoguiding (as that's the next challenge to overcome!). My budget would be about £300ish.

Thanks.

Equipment:

Celestron CGEM EdgeHD 925

Moonlite Tri-knob focuser

Canon 40D DSLR

Various filters (1.25" B/G/Y/R Orion Skyglow and UHC, Baader OIII) - need to gradually get 2" versions

Baader Hyperion 13mm eyepiece

Thanks. I presume I could autoguide using ST-4 with the DMK21AU618 if connected through a laptop and using guiding software like PHD?

My current thought would be to reuse an old 50mm finder from my old C8 when I eventually get around to making an autoguider.

The advise I'm getting from a couple of different suppliers is that the DxK21AU816 would be the best option though it would not be great for guiding. They recommend x=M preferably but x=F would be a good solution if I don't want the hassle of filters.

Archived