NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron 114lcm Problems.

I recently purchased a Celestron 114lcm and although delighted with my first glimpses of our nearest neighbours I was a little disappointed with the "Star Pointer" finder and also the huge amount of backlash in the GoTo mount. I returned it to 365Astronomy this evening who were most helpfull. I've come away with nothing but will be in receipt of a Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonion by the middle of next week.

Woop woop.

It'll be a fairly safe bet that we will have clear skies from now until wednesday when a thick blanket of cloud will hang around for the forseeable future.

Andy

I think you have made a good move Andy. Nothing wrong with the optics of the Celestron 114 but those star pointers have caused a lot of frustration to owners from the posts made on here. A mount with too much backlash is very frustrating too so I can see why you were motivated to seek an alternative. Good on the supplier for helping you achieve a satisfactory replacement - the Skyliner's are excellent scopes.

Archived