NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beginner telescope good enough for astrophotography

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest what is the difference between a guidescope and a finderscope?

Also what mount do you have fitted on that 200P piccie Malc? That setup looks quite bulky and that is something I have not taken into account. Although I do have an empty shed it could be quite awkward moving it in and out.

Out of interest what is the difference between a guidescope and a finderscope?

In practice a finder is a low powered wide field short focal length telescope typically 6 x 30 or 8 x 50 with a cross-hair reticule to allow centering the main scope. A guide scope is typically a second telescope in its own right, often having short to medium focal length. In place of an eyepiece a camera is fitted making the purpose purely for guiding.

Also what mount do you have fitted on that 200P piccie Malc? That setup looks quite bulky and that is something I have not taken into account. Although I do have an empty shed it could be quite awkward moving it in and out.

The 200P and ST80 are all sitting on an HEQ5

• 2 years later...

HI Thorthemighty, I was wondering if you had come to a decision on what scope you may or have purchased.  I have an interest in AP, but haven't purchased a scope yet.

Archived