Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Afocal Photography Eyepieces

Dark Infinity

What type of eyepieces are good for Afocal Photography?

Had my first attempt last night. I got Jupiter and one moon, but no cloud bands on Jupiter. It was kinda blown out (too much light) so I assume I can fix that with my ISO settings or Aperture settings.

My biggest problem is the field of view vs what the camera can actually use. It seems like even though I can see the edges of the field of view the camera can only see a very small portion of the center of the view. So I am lucky if I can get setup and two shots in before I have to re-adjust. I haven't even gotten to my 4mm eyepiece...

So my question is would something like the Meade Series 5000 Ultra Wide Angle help out any? or is there something better suited to Afocal Photography?

I have a Nikon D3100, and a Celestron Powerseeker 70 az.

Obviously, I would benefit from a better scope, but for the time being this is what I have to work with for now.

Archived